Referring Patients to Seattle Children’s
A Step-by-Step Guide
Instruct your patient to call for an appointment after the referral has been sent to Seattle Children's.
- Referral information for families in English and Spanish (PDF)
Determine which clinic you are referring your patient to.
Visit our Clinics A–Z page to choose the most appropriate clinic.
If you still have questions, please call our Clinical Intake Nurses at 206-987-2080 for assistance.
Submit a complete referral, including chart notes and any relevant documentation.
If your referral is not complete, your patient’s appointment may be delayed while we contact you for follow-up information. Please be sure to include all relevant documentation as described in the New Appointment Request Form.
Information on uploading medical imaging using PowerShare. You may also mail the disk directly to the specialty clinic or send it with the patient (not preferred).
There are three ways you can refer your patient to Seattle Children's clinics.
- Fax: Fill out the New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC).
- Fax the NARF and any additional chart notes or relevant documentation to 206-985-3121 or 866-985-3121 (toll-free).
- Online: Use EpicCare Link, an alternate online method for submitting referrals and tracking referral status.
- Phone: Call the Clinical Intake Nurses at 206-987-2080, option 1.
What to expect next
We will contact you if there is any information missing from your referral. Once your referral is complete and in our system, your patient can schedule their appointment – or, in some cases, we will contact them to schedule it.
Seattle Children's will send you and your patient a written confirmation of the appointment and provider information.
Providers with EpicCare Link access: When logged in, you will receive patient scheduling information including date, time, clinic and provider, as well as cancellation or admission, if applicable.
- New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC)
- New Patient Referral FAQ
- New Referral Policies and PCP Resources