How to Refer a Patient
For urgent maternal-fetal intervention or surgery concerns, call 206-987-4137 to speak with the fetal intervention nurse coordinator.
For all other patients, please submit a referral.
- For appointments in Tri-Cities, Washington, complete our Tri-Cities Prenatal Appointment Request form (PDF) (DOC) and fax to our Tri-Cities Clinic at 509-392-4185.
- For all other appointments in Washington (including at Springbrook Professional Center by the hospital campus), complete our standard Prenatal Appointment Request form (PDF) (DOC) and fax to 206-985-3407.
- For appointments in Alaska, complete our Pediatric Cardiology of Alaska (PCA) Appointment Request form (PDF, DOC) and fax to PCA at 907-339-1994.
- For appointments in Montana, complete a standard Seattle Children’s New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC) and fax to 206-985-3121.
- For appointments with Maternal Fetal Intervention and Surgery, complete a Maternal Fetal Intervention and Surgery Appointment Request form (PDF) (DOC) and fax to 206-985-3274.
We also offer complex monochorionic multiples management for your patients. Use the Maternal Fetal Intervention Surgery appointment request form above. Learn more about complex monochorionic multiples management.
If you have questions, contact the Fetal Care and Treatment Center at 206-987-5629. For urgent concerns, please call our nurse care coordinators at 206-987-5629, ext. 3.
Updated November 2023.
We are accepting new referrals.
For urgent maternal-fetal intervention or surgery concerns: An appointment request form is not required. Call 206-987-5629 to speak with the fetal intervention nurse coordinator.
For all other patients: Please submit a referral that is complete. This helps us schedule your patient’s appointment in a timely manner and ensure their first visit is smooth and productive.
Please use our Prenatal Appointment Request Form (see above) and include:
- Service/specialty clinic requested
- Reason for referral
- Timeframe in which you would like the patient seen
- Patient’s full name, DOB, telephone number, address and insurance information
- ALL relevant clinical documents
- Ultrasound reports
- Obstetric clinic notes and lab results
- Maternal-fetal medicine notes, if applicable
- Genetic counseling notes, pedigree and test results
- Referring provider’s name, phone and fax so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- Preferred clinic location
- If an interpreter is needed
Please note: The Fetal Care and Treatment Center does not see:
- Patients for routine obstetric care
- Patients with maternal health conditions that are not associated with increased risk for fetal anomalies
What Your Patients Can Expect
- Once we receive your referral, a clinical nurse will review it and then we will call your patient to schedule.
- For urgent maternal-fetal intervention or surgery concerns: In general, we will call your patient the same day we receive the referral. We often schedule next-day appointments.
- For all other patients: We typically process referrals in 1 to 2 days (often the same day) and call patients within 1 to 2 days. We do not have long wait times, and we ensure our patients are seen in the appropriate timeframe (in some cases, the next day).
- Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by the providers on the specialty team who are the best match for managing the current problem (based on urgency and availability). Providers include pediatric subspecialists and, when needed, maternal-fetal medicine specialists from UW Medicine.
- Most clinic visits take place at our Springbrook Professional Center location in Seattle or our Tri-Cities Clinic. Certain appointments are scheduled at Seattle Children’s Hospital, our regional sites or UW Medical Center–Montlake.
We’re Committed to Partnering With You
We are available to answer questions and support your care.
- Fetal cardiac concerns: Call 206-987-2000 to page the on-call fetal cardiologist through the Seattle Children’s page operator.
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: Call 206-987-5629, ext. 3 (nurse care coordinators).
- Immediate concerns about maternal-fetal health: 1-800-4UW-DOCS (1-800-489-3627).
- Immediate concerns about maternal-fetal intervention or surgery: Call 206-987-4137 to speak with the fetal intervention nurse coordinator.
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s, including viewing your patient’s records.
Resources for Providers