Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient to the Nephrology Program
- If you think a patient needs urgent evaluation, please call the Seattle Children’s Provider Line (206-987-7777) and ask to be connected to the on-call nephrologist.
- For nonurgent referrals, please fax a New Appointment Request Form (NARF) (PDF, DOC) to 206-985-3121 or 866-985-3121 (toll free).
- Pre-referral work-up is not required for most conditions. But if you have already done a work-up, please fax pertinent results, as well as recent office notes, along with the NARF.
- Instead of fax, you can use eReferral, an online way to submit referrals and track referral status. Getting started with eReferral.
- If imaging studies (CT, MRI, X-rays) have been done, please upload to PowerShare (preferred option). Other options are to have your patient hand-carry a disc to the clinic or mail a disc to: Seattle Children’s Nephrology MS OC.9.820 P.O. Box 5371 Seattle, WA 98145-5005
- For phone referrals, call the clinical intake nurses at 206-987-2080 or toll free 866-987-2080.
Expert care for your patient
Our team includes experts in all types of conditions affecting the kidneys.
We see patients up to age 18 for hypertension.
We see patients from birth to 21 years for:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP)
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Electrolyte abnormalities
Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by a specialist who is the best match for managing the current problem (based on urgency and availability).
We’re committed to partnering with you
Call the provider-to-provider line at 206-987-7777 or 877-985-4637 (toll free) if you need to talk with us for any reason, or for a consultation.
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s.
Seattle Children’s doctors see nephrology patients at our main campus in Seattle and at our clinics in these Washington cities:
- Federal Way
We also hold regularly scheduled clinics in Billings and Missoula, MT. Please call the Nephrology office at 206-987-2524 for information on how to have patients seen in Montana.
See our locations and contact information.