Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
Updated August 2019
We are accepting new referrals.
If you are unsure about whether to refer your patient, please call our Clinical Intake Nurses at 206-987-2080.
We ask that providers submit a referral that is complete. A complete referral helps us schedule an appointment for your patient in a timely manner and match them with the right specialist and clinic location. It ensures a productive and smooth first appointment for your patient. It also helps us assess the needs of our community and plan to have the capacity to meet those needs.
- Referring provider’s name, phone, fax number and the referral coordinator’s email address so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- Complete demographic information for the patient, found in the top portion of our New Appointment Request Form (NARF)
- Patient’s clinical records related to the reason for your referral
- Growth charts/curves that are pertinent to the referral
- Pertinent laboratory testing reports
- Pertinent radiology testing reports
- Previous specialty evaluations for second opinions or transfers of specialty care
Submit a referral
- New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC)
- Step-by-Step Guide to Submitting a Referral
- New Patient Referral FAQ
Please call our Clinical Intake Nurses if you need assistance: 206-987-2080.
We’re committed to partnering with you
- Diagnosis and treatment options: call 206-987-7777 (Provider-to-Provider Line).
- Referring or transporting a patient to our Emergency Department or Urgent Care: call 206-987-8899 or, toll-free, 866-987-8899 (Emergency Department Communications Center).
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call 206-987-2080 (Clinical Intake Nurses).
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s, including viewing your patient’s records.