Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
- If you are unsure about whether to refer your patient, please call our clinical intake nurses at 206-987-2080, option 1.
- For urgent referrals, call the Provider-to-Provider Line at 206-987-7777 or, toll free, 877-985-4637.
- To locate or expedite a referral, call clinical intake coordinators at 206-987-2080, option 2.
Updated October 2021
We are accepting new referrals.
Please submit a referral that is complete. This helps us schedule your patient’s appointment in a timely manner and ensure their first visit is smooth and productive.
- Service/specialty clinic requested
- Reason for referral: what is the clinical question for the specialist?
- If the referral is urgent (see within 4 weeks) or routine (next available)
- ICD-10 diagnosis – required
- Visit type:
- New patient consult, transfer of care, second opinion or return visit/ongoing care
- ALL relevant clinical documents
- Clinic notes
- Medication history
- Growth charts/curves
- Lab reports
- Pathology reports
- Imaging and diagnostic reports (images can be uploaded to PowerShare)
- Previous specialty evaluations
- Previous operative reports, if available
- Patient’s full name, DOB, sex, address, guardian contact information and insurance
- Referring provider’s name, phone, fax and the referral coordinator’s email address so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- Preferred clinic location
- If an interpreter is needed
- Any known barriers to performing a successful telehealth (video) visit with the family
Submit a referral
- New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC)
- Step-by-step guide to submitting a referral
- New Patient Referral FAQ
- If imaging studies (CT, MRI, X-rays) have been done, upload to PowerShare or mail a disc to:
ATTN: CBDC Intake
Seattle Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
P.O. Box 5371/ MB.8.501
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
Please call our clinical intake nurses if you need assistance: 206-987-2080, option 1.
We’re committed to partnering with you
We are always available to answer questions and support your care of your patients.
- Diagnosis and treatment options: call 206-987-7777 (Provider-to-Provider Line)
- Referring or transporting a patient to our Emergency Department or Urgent Care: call 206-987-8899 or, toll free, 866-987-8899 (ED Communications Center)
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call 206-987-2080 (clinical intake nurses)
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children's, including viewing your patient’s records.
Meet the Cancer and Blood Disorders team.
See our locations and contact information.
What Your Patients Can Expect
Within 3 days of receiving your referral, we will contact your patient to set up an appointment. If urgent, please page our on-call provider (206-987-7777). If needs are not urgent, new patients can be seen in 1 to 2 weeks.