Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
If you are unsure about whether to refer your patient, please call our Clinical Intake Nurses at 206-987-2080, option 1. To locate or expedite a referral, call Clinical Intake Coordinators at 206-987-2080, option 2.
Updated May 2022.
We are accepting new referrals.
We triage referrals and schedule depending on your patient’s urgency. In most cases the wait time is to 3 weeks to 2 months. If your patient’s clinical status changes, we may see them sooner.
Please submit a referral that is complete. This helps us schedule your patient in a timely manner and ensure their first visit is smooth and productive.
- Service/specialty clinic requested
- Reason for referral: what is the clinical question for the specialist?
- If the referral is urgent (see within 4 weeks) or routine (next available)
- ICD-10 diagnosis – required
- Visit type:
- New patient consult, transfer of care, second opinion or return visit/ongoing care
- ALL relevant clinical documents
- Clinic notes
- Medication history
- Growth charts/curves
- Lab reports
- Imaging and diagnostic reports (Images can be uploaded to PowerShare)
- Previous operative reports if available
- Previous specialty evaluations
- Patient’s full name, DOB, sex, address, guardian contact information and insurance
- Referring provider’s name, phone, fax and the referral coordinator’s email address so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- Preferred clinic location
- If an interpreter is needed
- Any known barriers to performing a successful telehealth (video) visit with the family
Submit a referral
- New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC)
- Step-by-step guide to submitting a referral
- New Patient Referral FAQ
If imaging studies (CT, MRI, X-rays) have been done, please upload to PowerShare or mail a disc to:
Seattle Children's Vascular Anomalies Program
Attn: Back Office MA/VAN RN
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
Pease call our Clinical Intake Nurses if you need assistance: 206-987-2080, option 1.
We’re committed to partnering with you
We are always available to answer questions and support your care of your patients.
- Diagnosis and treatment options: call 206-987-7777 (Provider-to-Provider Line)
- Referring or transporting a patient to our Emergency Department or Urgent Care: call 206-987-8899 or toll free 866-987-8899 (ED Communications Center)
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call 206-987-2080 (Clinical Intake Nurses)
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children's, including viewing your patient’s records.
What Your Patients Can Expect
- Once we receive your referral, your patient will be in our queue to review and schedule.
- We review openings and the patient referral queue daily.
- If your patient’s need is urgent, we will call them to schedule as openings become available.
- Please encourage non-urgent patients to contact scheduling at 206-987-4606, option 1, if they have not heard from us by a week after you send the referral. We will schedule based on provider availability and the patient’s condition and acuity.
- Families may call 206-987-4606, option 1, to ask to be added to a cancellation list.