Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient for Non-Chemotherapy Infusions
- To refer a patient for non-chemotherapy infusions who is not currently receiving care at Seattle Children’s, call the Infusion advanced practice provider (APP) on service at 206-987-8075 (Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The APP will confer with you and submit an order for your patient’s infusion. We can accommodate most infusion requests from outside providers.
- Outside Provider Referral Form: Please complete this information and submit its contents. Referral Providers must obtain pre-authorization for Insurance coverage for infusion requested.
- To request Remdesivir antiviral therapy for your COVID-19 patient, you must contact the Infectious Disease team first. Reach them via the hospital operator at . The infusion clinic is able to provide this therapy to all pediatric patients who are at high risk for complications from COVID-19. The current COVID-19 variants are not responsive to monoclonal antibody therapy. Thus, we are no longer offering those infusions.
Updated July 2023.
We are accepting new referrals from non–Seattle Children’s providers for patients needing episodic (example: iron infusions) or non-chemotherapy infusions. We provide those infusions only at our hospital main campus in Seattle. At this time, the referring provider needs to obtain pre-authorization for the medication to be infused.
We accept referrals from Seattle Children’s providers for patients needing all types of infusions and provide them at our 3 locations.
Please submit a referral that is complete. This helps us schedule your patient’s appointment in a timely manner and ensure their first visit is smooth and productive.
- Service/specialty clinic requested
- Reason for referral: what infusion or test are you requesting?
- If the referral is urgent (see within 4 weeks) or routine (next available)
- ICD-10 diagnosis – required
- ALL relevant clinical documents
- Clinic notes
- Medication history
- Growth charts/curves
- Lab reports
- Pathology reports (if any)
- Previous specialty evaluations
- Previous operative reports, if available
- Patient’s full name, DOB, sex, address, guardian contact information and insurance
- Referring provider’s name, phone, fax and the referral coordinator’s email address so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- If an interpreter is needed
We’re committed to partnering with you
We are always available to answer questions and support your care of your patients.
- Diagnosis and treatment options: call 206-987-7777(Provider-to-Provider Line)
- Referring or transporting a patient to our Emergency Department or Urgent Care: call 206-987-8899 or, toll free, 866-987-8899 (ED Communications Center)
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call 206-987-2080(Clinical Intake Nurses)
- Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children's, including viewing your patient’s records.
Meet the Infusion Services team.
See our locations and contact information.
What Your Patients Can Expect
Within 3 days of receiving your referral, we will contact your patient to set up an appointment.
Resource for families: