Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
If your patient is new to Seattle Children’s Autism Center, we typically schedule an initial visit to determine their diagnostic and care planning needs. The first visit determines the next steps, which could be a diagnostic evaluation or referrals to Autism Center services or to programs in the community.
To make a referral:
- Fax a New Appointment Request Form (NARF) (PDF, DOC) to 206-985-3121 or 866-985-3121 (toll free).
- If you have helpful medical records, mental health evaluations or an individualized education program (IEP), fax them along with the NARF.
- Instead of fax, you can use eReferral, an online way to submit referrals and track referral status. Getting started with eReferral.
We’re committed to partnering with you
Meet the Autism team.
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s.
What Your Patients Can Expect
- Once we get your referral, your patient will be in our queue to review and schedule. Many services may have a long wait.
- We encourage families to call 206-987-8080 to verify that we have received the referral. They can ask to be added to a cancellation list. The family will remain on the cancellation list until they get an appointment.
- As openings become available, we call families to schedule in the order the referral was received.
Resources and research for families
Even if we do not have openings right away, there are many resources through Seattle Children’s and in the community that can help.