Seattle Children's Pharmacy serves young patients, from newborns through teens. Our pediatric pharmacists have special training in using medicines with growing children, who can react differently than adults to drugs. We advise healthcare providers on selecting and administering medicine. We work with them on monitoring children to make sure their drug therapy is as safe and effective as possible. We also work with you to help you use your child's medicine carefully.
We have pharmacies at our main campus in Seattle and at the Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center, so you can fill your child's prescription on-site. (Prescription must be written by a Seattle Children's physician.)
Main Campus in Seattle
- Ocean Pharmacy is on the level 6, near the entrance desk. It is open 7 days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. The Ocean Pharmacy fills and refills prescriptions for take-home medications.
- Mountain Pharmacy is the pharmacy for patients staying in the hospital. It is on level 5 floor and is open 24 hours a day. The Mountain Pharmacy will fill prescriptions for Emergency Department patients when the Ocean Pharmacy is closed.
Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center
- The pharmacy is on the 1st floor, near the check-in desk.
- It is open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Closed Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
Medication Safety Resources
- Medication Safety (PDF)
- Up and Away
- Poison Prevention Home Tour: How to Keep Your Home Safe (video)
- Medicine from Home When You Are at Seattle Children's (PDF)
The pharmacist was extremely helpful in locating “take home” instructions for us as well as recommending a lower dosage of medication more appropriate for my daughter’s weight.