Nondiscrimination and Interpreters Notice
Discrimination Is Against the Law
Seattle Children’s complies with applicable federal, state and local civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude or treat people differently on the basis of any status protected by law, including race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, age, sex assigned at birth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability.
See the Notice of Interpretation Services (PDF) for information in your language and read our Safety, Inclusion and Anti-Racism Statement (PDF).
You have the right to an interpreter or other language and communication services, free of charge. If you need these services, tell the person helping you that you need assistance, or contact the Family Resource Center at 206-987-2201 or 206-987-0391 (TTY).
Free Aids and Services for People With Disabilities
Seattle Children’s provides free aids and services to help patients and caregivers communicate effectively with us:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (e.g., large print, audio, accessible electronic formats)
Free Language Services
Seattle Children’s provides these free language services to help patients and caregivers who speak a language other than English communicate effectively with us, including:
- Qualified interpreters
- In the hospital, ask your nurse or person helping you.
- From outside the hospital, call the toll-free Family Interpreting Line, 1-866-583-1527. Tell the interpreter the name or extension you need.
- Information written in other languages (PDF)
If you need these services, tell the person helping you that you need assistance, or contact the Family Resource Center at 206-987-2201.
Seattle Children’s Support and Engagement
If you believe Seattle Children’s has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way, you can file a formal complaint (grievance) with Seattle Children’s Support and Engagement:
- Phone: 206-987-2550 or 1-866-987-2000 (toll-free). For an interpreter, call 1-866-583-1527 and ask the interpreter to connect you with 206-987-2550 or 206-987-0391 (TTY).
- Online: http://www.seattlechildrens.org/familyfeedback
- Email: email@example.com
Seattle Children’s Hospital
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
If you need help filing a formal complaint (grievance), call the Support and Engagement number above and someone will help you.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- Phone: 1-800-368-1019 or 1-800-537-7697 (TDD)
- Online: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
- Mail (Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html):
Centralized Case Management Operations
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave. SW
Room 509F HHH Bldg.
Washington, DC 20201