How to Refer a Patient
If you are unsure about whether to refer your patient, please call our clinical intake team at BMTintake@seattlechildrens.org. We will respond within one business day.or email
Updated September 2022
We are accepting new referrals. A provider referral is required.
Please submit a referral that is complete. This helps us schedule your patient’s appointment in a timely manner and ensure their first visit is smooth and productive.
- Service/specialty clinic requested (Blood and Marrow Transplant Program)
- Reason for referral
- ICD-10 diagnosis – required
- Visit type:
- New patient consult, transfer of care, second opinion or return visit/ongoing care
- All relevant clinical documents:
- Clinic notes
- Medication history
- Growth charts/curves
- Lab reports
- Pathology reports
- Imaging and diagnostic reports (images can be uploaded to PowerShare)
- Previous specialty evaluations
- Previous operative reports, if available
- Patient’s full name, date of birth, sex, address, guardian contact information and insurance
- Referring provider’s name, phone, fax and the referral coordinator’s email address so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- If an interpreter is needed
- Any known barriers to performing a successful telehealth (video) visit with the family
Submit a referral
- New Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC)
- Step-by-step guide to submitting a referral
- New Patient Referral FAQ
- If imaging studies (CT, MRI, X-rays) have been done, upload to PowerShare or mail a disc to:
- ATTN: BMT Intake
Seattle Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
P.O. Box 5371/ MB.8.501
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
- ATTN: BMT Intake
Please contact our clinical intake team if you need assistance: email@example.com
We’re committed to partnering with you
We are always available to answer questions and support your care of your patients.
- Diagnosis and treatment options: call
- Referring or transporting a patient to our Emergency Department or Urgent Care: call (ED Communications Center) or toll free,
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call .
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children's, including viewing your patient’s records.
Meet the Blood and Marrow Transplant team.
See our locations and contact information.
What Your Patients Can Expect
Within three days of receiving your referral, we will contact your patient to set up an appointment.