Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
Updated October 2019
We are accepting new referrals.
If you are unsure about whether to refer your patient, please call our Clinical Intake Nurses at 206-987-2080.
We ask that providers submit a referral that is complete. A complete referral helps us schedule an appointment for your patient in a timely manner and match them with the right specialist and clinic location. It ensures a productive and smooth first appointment for your patient. It also helps us assess the needs of our community and plan to have the capacity to meet those needs.
Please fax your referral to 206-729-3068. If you have any questions, please contact us at 206-987-1800. Be sure to include:
- Referring provider’s name, phone, fax number and the referral coordinator’s email address so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- Patient face-sheet and complete medical records including immunization records.
- Previous specialty evaluations for second opinions or transfers of specialty care
No pre-referral work-up is required for most conditions. If you have already done a work-up, please fax the information to 206-729-3068 with your referral.
Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by the provider who is the best match for managing the current problem.
We’re committed to partnering with you
- Diagnosis and treatment options: call 206-987-7777 (Provider-to-Provider Line).
- Referring or transporting a patient to our Emergency Department or Urgent Care: call 206-987-8899 or, toll-free, 866-987-8899 (Emergency Department Communications Center).
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call 206-987-2080 (Clinical Intake Nurses).
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s, including viewing your patient’s records.