Speech and Language Services
Patient and Family Resources
We want you to have all the information you and your child need to understand your child’s condition and to participate in treatment. This page provides links to resources that we hope will be helpful.
Resources at Seattle Children's
- What to expect at Speech and Language Services
- How to prepare for your visit
- Transportation and lodging
- Hospital services
- Paying for care
- Center for Children with Special Needs
- Autism Center Resources
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication-Handicapped Children (TEACCH) Autism Program
Learn more about autism at Seattle Children’s.
Learn more about cleft lip and cleft palate at Seattle Children’s.
- Activities for Early Reading Development (PDF)
- Components of a Structured Literacy Program (PDF)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- LD OnLine
- Learning Disability Association of America
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Project LearNet
- Washington State Branch of the International Dyslexia Association
- Wrights Law: Special Education Law
- Clinical Feeding and Swallowing Evaluation (PDF) (Spanish)
- Speech and Language Development in Infants (PDF)
- Strategies to Promote Language Development (PDF) (Spanish)
- Using Books to Enhance Your Child’s Communication (PDF) (Spanish)
- Using Routines to Support Your Child’s Communication (PDF) (Spanish)
- Videofluoroscopic Swallowing Study (VFSS) (PDF) (Spanish)
- United States Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Support and Classes
- Selective Mutism Group (PDF)
- Find information on the Pediatric Brain Injury Support Group on our support groups page.