Seattle Children’s isn't like home, but, as much as possible, we want our patients to participate in familiar play and teen activities.
If your child is staying in the hospital, ask your nurse about therapeutic play programs or visit Child Life.
Looking for something fun to do at the hospital? Here's what Seattle Children’s has to offer:
Inpatient Playroom (level 4, Mountain zone)
The Inpatient Playroom is for patients staying in the hospital, and their siblings. It has toys, books, movies, crafts and games you can take to your child’s room. It also has an outdoor play area and special activities in the playroom. When available, volunteers can come to your child’s room to read or to play with them during playroom hours. Visit the Child Life page to learn more.
- Monday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12 p.m., 2 - 4 p.m.
- Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Teen Zone (level 4, Mountain zone)
The Teen Zone has movies, Xbox®, a foosball table, computers, evening activities and special events for patients staying in the hospital and their siblings age 12 and older. Visit the Child Life page to learn more.
- Monday through Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 4 p.m.
Clinic Playroom (level 6, Ocean zone)
The outpatient clinic playroom is currently closed. We are available to provide support on a case-by-case basis. To inquire about availability, please call 206-987-3440.
Visit the Child Life page to learn more.
Mountain Play Park (level 4, Mountain zone)
The Mountain Play Park is open to all patients, families and visitors from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day. Play is not supervised by staff.
Movies on GetWell Town and Children’s TV
- In GetWell Town, click the Movie Theater for on-demand G, PG and edited PG-13 movies in English and Spanish.
All other zones
- G, PG and edited PG-13 movies play on channel 18 in English and channel 28 in Spanish on the TV in your child’s room. Ask your nurse or unit coordinator for a Children’s TV Guide.
Area attractions and activities
For information about attractions and activities outside of the hospital, contact:
See a flyer (PDF) of hospital and neighborhood activities.
Inpatients and their families may request passes to the aquarium, zoo, sporting events and movie theaters. When passes are available, they are given out on a first-come, first-served basis in the Family Resource Center, level 7, River zone.