Patient and Family Education
We want you to have all the information you and your child need to understand their condition and to participate in treatment. This page provides links to resources that we hope will be helpful.
Resources at Seattle Children’s
- What to expect at your Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia appointment
- How to prepare for your visit
- Transportation and lodging
- Hospital services
- Paying for care
- Social Work
- Family Resource Center
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Resources
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) (PDF)(Spanish)
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia International
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (American Pediatric Surgery Association)
Prenatal Care Resources
- Common Questions After Your Prenatal Visit (PDF) (Spanish)
- How to Handle a Difficult Prenatal Diagnosis
- Prenatal Care Resources from Seattle Children’s Fetal Care and Treatment Center
- Ultrasound (Spanish)
- What to expect if your child is having surgery
- Pediatric Surgery Resources
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Resources
- Amenities at Seattle Children’s hospital campus
- If you are pregnant and would like an appointment, call 206-987-5629 or email the CDH Program. See our location and contact information.
- You can also ask your healthcare provider to refer you to our Fetal Care and Treatment Center.
- If you are a provider, see our referral guidelines for more information.
Request a second opinion
- We offer virtual second opinion consultations. Call 206-987-5629 or email the CDH Program. A member of our team will contact you within 2 business days to begin coordinating your consultation.
Follow-up care during childhood
- If your child needs follow-up care, contact our CDH Program at 206-987-0780. You do not need a doctor’s referral.
- The CDH follow-up care clinic is located at Seattle Children’s main campus.
Telemedicine at Seattle Children’s
We offer telehealth visits to families across our region (Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho). Learn more about phone and video appointments.