Family Resource Center
The Family Resource Center (FRC) supports and educates families as they manage their child's health and medical care. In the FRC you can:
Get Information About Your Child’s Health
- Staff can help you find information about diseases, conditions, safety, development, parenting, hospital services and more.
- Research reliable websites.
- Check out books and videos from the family library.
- Learn about support groups, classes and community resources.
Plan Your Stay at Seattle Children’s
- Get information on hotels, restaurants, transportation, Seattle Children's services and Seattle-area activities (all links are PDFs).
Stay Connected to Home With:
- Computers with Internet access
- Wireless Internet area (PDF) for your personal device
- CaringBridge to stay in touch with family and friends
- Phones, fax and copier
- Massages for parents and caregivers
- Relax in the Family Room (open 24 hours)
Take Care of the Basics
- Kitchen with coffee and tea, vending machines and microwave
- Showers with soap and towels
- Laundry room with soap
- Toiletries, lockers
If You Don’t Want to Leave Your Child’s Bedside:
- The Resource Cart goes to the inpatient units daily with a variety of resources, coffee, books and toiletries for families.
Ride Home Safely With Our Car Seat Program
- Available for inpatient and Emergency Department patients