Patient and Family Education
We want you to have all the information you and your child need to understand your child’s condition and to participate in treatment. This page provides links to resources that we hope will be helpful.
Resources at Seattle Children’s
- What to expect at Infectious Diseases and Virology
- How to prepare for your visit
- Transportation and lodging
- Hospital services
- Paying for care
- Social Work
- Recurrent Fevers (PDF)
- Helping Your Child Take Medicine: Tips and Tricks (PDF)
- HIV and Children: From Birth to Preteen Years (PDF) (Spanish)
- HIV Facts (PDF) (Spanish)
- HIV: Infection Control (PDF) (Spanish)
- HIV: Teens and Sex (PDF) (Spanish)
- Questions Kids Ask About HIV (PDF) (Spanish)
- Siblings of Children With Special Needs Resource List (PDF)
- Talking With Your Child About Their HIV (Spanish) (PDF)
- Understanding Your HIV Picture Book (PDF) (Spanish)
- Living with MRSA Booklet (multiple languages) (Washington State Department of Health)
- Managing Your Child’s MRSA: How to Treat Your Child’s MRSA at Home (PDF) (Pashto) (Spanish)
- Pneumonia That Recurs (PDF)
- Facts About Antibiotics (Spanish) (PDF)
- Your Child’s Intravenous (IV) Antibiotic Treatment Plan at Home (PDF) (Spanish)
- Childhood Immunization Schedule (CDC)
- Immunizations: Why Are They Needed and How Do I Prepare My Child?
- Parents’ Guide to Childhood Immunizations (CDC)
- Vaccine Safety: The Facts (American Academy of Pediatrics)
For more information, contact Infectious Diseases and Virology at 206-987-2073. If you would like an appointment, ask your child’s primary care provider for a referral.
Providers, see how to refer a patient.