What to Expect
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from Covid-19.
Visitor restrictions at all our locations
At all of our clinics, we recommend that only one parent or caregiver accompany a patient to their appointment. However, if two caregivers need to come along, we will allow it at this time. Siblings who are younger than 12 months are also allowed to come along. Siblings of any other age are not allowed to come along, and we do not allow more than two caregivers without an exception.
- When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing.
- Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during COVID-19 (video).
- Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
Your child has been referred for diagnosis of a possible infection and treatment recommendations.
- We will ask you questions about your child’s medical history.
- We will review your child’s records from their primary care provider with you.
- We will examine your child.
- If needed, we will order blood draws and other tests, like X-rays.
- Depending on your child’s diagnosis, we will talk about treatment options and recommend a care plan.
Most new visits take at least 1 hour. Follow-up visits take about 30 minutes. This does not include the time it takes to check in and get additional tests, if needed.
We may need to see your child for follow-up visits depending on their diagnosis and treatment plan. We will try to answer all of your questions and make sure you leave the appointment with detailed instructions about what will happen next. We will provide you with phone numbers to call us if you have questions after you leave.
A nurse from our clinic will call you once they are complete.
Find your location in our map and directions section. Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
Preparing your child
For more information on visiting Seattle Children’s clinics, please see Your Child’s Clinic Visit.