Infectious Diseases and Virology
What to Expect
Your child has been referred for diagnosis of a possible infection and treatment recommendations.
- We will ask you questions about your child’s medical history.
- We will review your child’s records from their primary care provider with you.
- We will examine your child.
- If needed, we will order blood draws and other tests, like X-rays.
- Depending on your child’s diagnosis, we will talk about treatment options and recommend a care plan.
Most new visits take at least 1 hour. Follow-up visits take about 30 minutes. This does not include the time it takes to check in and get additional tests, if needed.
We may need to see your child for follow-up visits depending on their diagnosis and treatment plan. We will try to answer all of your questions and make sure you leave the appointment with detailed instructions about what will happen next. We will provide you with phone numbers to call us if you have questions after you leave.
A nurse from our clinic will call you once they are complete.
Find your location in our map and directions section. Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
Preparing your child
For more information on visiting Seattle Children’s clinics, please see Your Child’s Clinic Visit.
Providers, see how to refer a patient.