Why Choose Us
Hope. Care. Cure.
We provide hope, care and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
We Treat the Whole Child – Not Just the Part That Hurts
Treating the Whole Teen (1:56)
- Children react to illness, injury, pain and medication differently than adults. They require – and deserve – care designed specifically for them.
- Our pediatric experts understand how treatments today affect growing bodies in the future and are specially trained to meet the needs of children and teens.
- We provide the right care, at the right time. We are committed to avoiding unnecessary diagnostic tests, radiation and surgery. Radiation doses at Seattle Children’s are consistently lower than the guidelines recommended by the American College of Radiology.
- Seattle Children’s is 1 of just 9 hospitals nationwide whose commitment to preventing and relieving kids’ pain has been recognized by ChildKind International.
- We discuss your child’s condition and treatment options in ways you can understand.
- Dealing with illness can be scary and stressful. We have a variety of resources, from financial to spiritual, to support you.
- Early detection of problems with a developing fetus means you have more time to make decisions and plan care. The experts in our Fetal Care and Treatment Center are able to make fast, accurate prenatal diagnoses.
Experts Working Together, Ready to Partner With You
Comprehensive Specialty Care (1:16)
- You know your child best. We work closely with you and your child’s referring doctor to create a treatment plan that meets your child’s unique needs.
- Kids aren’t just part of what we do: they are our whole reason for being. With board-certified pediatric experts in nearly 60 subspecialties, we provide inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic, surgical, rehabilitative, behavioral, emergency and outreach services. Learn more about our clinics and programs.
- Experience matters. Whether we’re treating a 1-pound preemie in our Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or a 300-pound high school football player in our Sports Gym, the entire team has experience caring for children of every age and developmental stage.
- Recognized by the American College of Surgeons (ACS), our Level I Children’s Surgery Center verification represents the highest level of recognition for hospitals that perform complex surgical procedures in newborns, children and teens.
- We coordinate your child’s treatment with other pediatric specialties at Seattle Children’s as needed.
- Our skilled, caring nurses have been recognized with Magnet status – the highest nursing honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Outcomes That Are Among the Best in the Nation
Compassionate Experts (1:46)
- U.S. News & World Report has recognized Seattle Children’s as a top children’s hospital every year since it began ranking medical facilities 30 years ago. This means that your child will be cared for by the very best.
- Our 5-year survival rates for many types of cancers are significantly higher than the national average.
- Patients who receive heart transplants here have excellent survival rates in comparison to other centers nationwide.
- Learn more about our outstanding outcomes.
Innovations That Improve Children’s Lives
Innovative Treatments (1:57)
- Seattle Children’s Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding – a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
- Our patients have access to innovative clinical studies that aren’t available at most other hospitals in the region. Learn more about our clinical trials.
- We’ve pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child’s immune system defeat cancer and have made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
- Our research institute is 1 of just 30 exclusively pediatric research institutes in the world.
World-Class Care, Close to Home
Coordinated Care (1:44)
- From our hospital campus in Seattle to the Arctic Circle, our outreach programs cover nearly a million square miles – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
- Kids don’t always get sick during doctors’ office hours. That’s why we offer Urgent Care clinics in Bellevue, Seattle, Federal Way and Everett. Open evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Our ER offers round-the-clock access to Seattle Children’s experts in more than 30 pediatric specialties and to the full facilities of our hospital in case of emergencies.
- Many children and families travel to Seattle Children’s for care. Guest Services offers resources for a smooth arrival, stay and departure. And just as important, we have lots of experience helping families make the transition back to care at home safely – whether your home is another city or a remote Alaskan village.
- Schedule an appointment.