The staff and on-call chaplains at Seattle Children’s Hospital provide respectful spiritual care and emotional support to patients, families and staff.
We serve all faith traditions and cultures. We also offer Spanish-language pastoral and spiritual support. There is no fee for our services.
Services We Offer
- 24-hour confidential care
- Care and support during times of illness, injury, crisis or loss
- Rituals such as baptism, communion, blessing and anointing
- Assistance contacting a faith community, minister, priest or rabbi
- Consultation with the healthcare team
- Inspirational books and CDs
- Bereavement support and counseling
- Chapel and Meditation Room
- Available 24 hours a day for prayer, reflection and meditation
- Offers spiritual resources such as our prayer book, prayer rugs, head coverings and a variety of sacred texts
- Interfaith opportunities for worship, celebration, learning and reflection
- Catholic Mass every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Meditation every Tuesdays from 12:30–1 p.m. and Thursdays at 6:30–6:50 a.m., 7:30–7:50 a.m., and 12:30 p.m.
- Multifaith holiday services and special events
We welcome calls any time from patients and families, as well as staff. No question or concern is too small. Some of the reasons you may want to call us include:
- When you are feeling afraid, guilty, weak, discouraged, sad or lonely
- If you are having a hard time coping
- To talk about meaning or purpose in life
- When spirituality is a source of strength and meaning for you
- If you are struggling with faith or religious beliefs
- To celebrate good news
- To talk about major decisions
- When you just want someone to listen
People have different reasons for needing support. You may call us at other times, too.
Hope and Faith in the Midst of Illness
In this video series, parents of children with long-term medical conditions describe how they coped during the initial stages of their child's illness and reflect on the spiritual journey they have since taken.
Thank you for the chapel. I don't think our feelings about the surgery/stay would have been the same without the chapel. It was so great to have a mass and a place to pray while our son was in surgery. Thank you!