Research Platform Award
The Research Platform Award Program is designed to enhance Seattle Children’s Center for Clinical and Translational Research’s (CCTR) capability to pursue externally funded research proposals by bolstering interdisciplinary collaborations and building infrastructure to foster innovative grant proposals among research teams.
The primary expectation of award recipients is to invest in the development of core research program infrastructure and preliminary research work that will generate a steady pipeline of extramural funding opportunities. Research teams are expected to develop innovative research programs that have the potential to increase the national and international recognition of the awardees, CCTR, and Seattle Children’s Research Institute (SCRI).
For new RFA, please visit the Research Platform Award Application Page in CHILD.
The program supports faculty research in all disciplines. Priority is given to projects that are well aligned to grow extramural funding opportunities, including federal, state, corporate, foundation, and philanthropic funds and, in particular, those with the promise of full indirect cost recovery. Priority is also given to projects related to existing strategic multi-PI collaborations with strong potential for extramural funding and institutional recognition.
Types of Applications and Funding Levels
- Single PI applications may request up to $50,000 in Year 1 and $100,000 in Year 2.
- Multi-PI applications may request up to $75,000 in Year 1 and $150,000 in Year 2.
- Single or multi-PI applications are eligible.
- All applicants must be current CCTR members.
- PIs cannot be part of more than one funded Research Platform Award.
- The major proposal external deadlines are anticipated to fall within the proposed period of funding offered under this program.
- The proposal will be submitted through CCTR.
Allowable budget items may include:
- Graduate Research Assistants
- Project Managers
- Research Coordinators
- Required supplies and materials
- Database access and related fees
- Purchased services (ex. translation and transcription costs, clinical lab or radiology costs)
- External project management and/or proposal writing consultants
- Technical/administrative support beyond standard departmental resources
- Funds to conduct research using SCRI’s Research Integration Hub
Unallowable items include:
- Salaries or additional compensation for PIs
- Travel to present results of research
- Subawards and/or subcontracts to external institutions
- Memberships and/or subscriptions
- Pre-award costs
CCTR will fund projects that demonstrate the highest probability of being completed on time and within budget in addition to meeting all proposed milestones and program deliverables. Applicants must submit a plan that allows the project to conclude within the approved term. To apply, please visit the Research Platform Award Application Page in CHILD.