CCTR Funding and Educational Programs
Faculty Research Support Fund
The Faculty Research Support Fund (FRSF) provides support to CCTR investigators.
Specifically, these funds are intended to:
- Complete a funded project within the $5,000 limit and time frame; or
- Serve as funding for small projects that can be accomplished within the $5,000 limit and time frame.
A FRSF award is a maximum of $5,000 that must be spent by September 30, 2019.This funding program does not allow fund carryovers or no-cost extensions.
Priority will be given to investigators who use core services, are first-time applicants, are junior faculty and have matching funds from their division/department.
Examples of supported services include (but are not limited to):
- Biostatistical services: data extraction, data base consulting, data analysis
- Research coordinator: assistance with IRB application, study documents, consent forms, regulatory binders
- Laboratory services: specimen processing, shipping, storage, etc.
- Pediatric Clinical Research Center: start-up and service fees
- Investigators must be CCTR members and must flow extramural funding through CCTR.
FRSF will have only two review dates for FY2019. Applications for FY2019 open in January 2019. Applications are reviewed by the CCTR Steering Committee.
The CCTR Steering Committee meets the third Monday of each month unless otherwise noted. The remaining meeting dates where new FRSFs will be reviewed are February 25 and March 18, 2019. There is no meeting scheduled in January.
- Applications must be submitted to Gloria Venegas at least 10 business days prior to the Steering Committee meeting in order to be reviewed that month.
- February application deadline: by February 8
- March application deadline: by March 8
- You should first approach your division/department and submit their decline if they are unable to provide a match or any funds.
- If you get a division/departmental funding match, a letter from your division chief stating the match amount must be submitted with your application.
- Your division funds are managed by your division and are not part of the CCTR post-award management. If awarded, your division is responsible for setup and management of your division match funds.
- If you are requesting funds for core services, obtain a quote to attach to this application.
- Complete the FRSF application form (DOC); limit application to page limits noted. Required attachments are not included in page limit count.
- Compile and attach your core services quote and your division/department letter of matching funds.
- Submit your completed application for budget review to Program Manager Gloria Venegas. She will then submit your application to Program Coordinator Colleen Lee for inclusion in the CCTR Steering Committee for review.
- Applicants will receive a final decision about approval or denial within 3 days post-meeting.
For more information, please contact the FRSF program coordinator.