Faculty Research Support Fund
The Faculty Research Support Fund (FRSF) supports CCTR investigators. Specifically, these funds
are intended to:
- Complete a funded project within a $5,000 limit and award period; or
- Serve as funding for small projects that can be accomplished within a $5,000 limit and
The FRSF award is $5,000 that must be spent by September 30, 2022. This funding program does not allow fund carryovers or no-cost extensions. Priority will be given to investigators who use Core services, are first-time applicants, are junior faculty, and have matching funds from their division/department.
Examples of supported services include (but are not limited to):
- Biostatistical services: data extraction, data base consulting, data analysis
- Research coordinator: assistance with IRB application, study documents, consent forms, regulatory binders
- Laboratory services: specimen processing, shipping, storage, etc.
- Pediatric Clinical Research Center: start-up and service fees
- Radiology Clinical Research Imaging Core: assistance with radiological imaging modalities
Investigators must be CCTR members and must flow their extramural funding through CCTR.
FRSF proposals will be reviewed on a continuous basis for FY2022 through March 2022. Applications for FY2022 open in October 2021. Applications are reviewed by the CCTR Steering Committee, which meets the third Monday of each month unless noted otherwise. The last review for funding will be the March 2022 meeting.
Applications must be submitted to the CCTR Business Office at least 10 business days prior to each Steering Committee meeting in order to be reviewed that month.
- November 1, 2021 is the deadline for the November 15, 2021 Meeting
- December 6, 2021 is the deadline for the December 20, 2021 Meeting
- December 27, 2021 is the deadline for the January 10, 2022 Meeting
- January 31, 2022 is the deadline for the February 14, 2022 Meeting
- March 7, 2022 is the last deadline for the FRSF FY22 funding cycle at the March 21, 2022 Meeting
- Approach your division/department leadership to secure a match for your project.
- If you get a division/departmental funding match, an email from your division chief stating the match amount must be submitted with your application.
- If the Division/Department is not able to provide a match, submit an email stating that the match funding has been declined and the reason for that decision.
- Your division funds are managed by your division and are not part of the CCTR post-award management. If awarded, your division is responsible for set up and management of your division match funds
- If you are requesting funds for Core services, obtain a quote from that Core and attach it to your application.
- Complete the FRSF Application Form (DOC); limit application to page limits noted. Required attachments are not included in page limit count.
- Compile your completed application and all attachments, including your Core services quote and your division/department letter regarding matching funds.
- Submit your application and attachments as one PDF to CCTR@seattlechildrens.org by the deadline. The CCTR Project Manager, Amanda Hartman, will review and prepare it for the CCTR Steering Committee’s review.
- Applicants will receive a final decision about approval or denial within 3 days post meeting.
For More Information
Please contact: email@example.com