Map and Directions to Sand Point Learning Center
SPLC is located 1.2 miles northeast of the hospital at 5801 Sand Point Way NE, at NE Windermere Road and Sand Point Way NE.
- Schedule all visits to SPLC outside of events and trainings by email.
- Check in at the information desk in the north lobby for scheduled tours, etc. ·
- There are currently no onsite showers, kitchen facilities or drop-in workstations at SPLC.
Driving and Parking
SPLC has parking available on the north and south sides of the building.
Driving directions to south lot
- From southbound Sand Point Way NE: Take second right after NE 59th Street.
- From northbound Sand Point Way NE: Turn left at NE Windermere Road.
- Park in the lot to the left of the driveway, immediately after turning off Sand Point Way NE.
Driving directions to north lot
- From southbound Sand Point Way NE: Take first right after NE 59th Street.
- From northbound Sand Point Way NE: Turn left at NE Windermere Road and curve to the right behind SPLC.
- Park in the five rows furthest from the building, including the hatched area parallel to Sand Point Way NE and the ADA stalls that are not directly adjacent to the building (no placard required).
Taking Public Transit
SPLC is served by Metro bus route 75, with frequent, all-day service every 15 minutes beginning at 5:30 a.m. The 75 provides direct connections to:
- Neighborhoods like Northgate, Lake City and the University District
- Locations south of the Ship Canal via connections to Link light rail at Husky Stadium and other frequent regional bus service
- Seattle Children’s work sites like the hospital and the 70th and Sand Point Way administrative building
Bicycling or Walking
Conveniently located along the Burke-Gilman Trail, SPLC is connected to the hospital, the 70th and Sand Point Way administrative building and neighborhoods as far away as Ballard and Bothell. Uncovered bicycle parking is available in the gravel along the north side of the building.