What to Expect
We’ve made changes in our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from COVID-19.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times.
- Learn more about our current visitation policy and other safety measures in place.
Your child has been referred to the Cystic Fibrosis Program because they have been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis (CF). In our program, we monitor your child’s symptoms, recommend the latest treatments and provide education so your child can grow up as healthy and active as possible.
A CF clinic visit usually takes between 1 and 3 hours. While this seems like a long visit, it gives your family a chance to meet with many of our CF team members.
If your child is new to Seattle Children’s, please bring (if appropriate):
- Clinic notes or reports.
- Test results, including blood work, sweat test results and/or genetic testing results.
- Your child’s medicines or a list of medicines. Include non-prescription items like vitamins. Include name, dose and instructions.
- Your child’s medical equipment.
- Any forms that might need to be signed by our providers, like school forms.
- Actual X-rays or X-rays on a CD.
If your child is older than 1, we recommend that you schedule 1 clinic visit every 3 months. If your child is younger than 1, we recommend they are seen in our clinic every 1 to 2 months.
Call our scheduling team at 206-987-2024, option 1.
- Find your location in our map and directions section.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
Preparing your child
For more information on visiting Seattle Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.
Preparing for a Hospital Stay
- Find out what you need to know about your child's hospital stay, including what you should know if your child requires a hospital stay for a CF lung exacerbation (PDF).
- Learn about hospital campus amenities.