Your Child's Hospital Stay
Preparing for Your Stay
During your child's hospital stay, we will do everything possible to make you and your child feel included, safe and comfortable.
You and your child are essential members of the healthcare team. Please ask us questions anytime.
In this section you'll find important information and helpful checklists about coming for a hospital stay.
What to do:
What to expect:
What to ask and understand:
Sharing Your Room During COVID-19
So that we can care for all of the patients who need our services, we are carefully and thoughtfully resuming shared rooms on some of our patient care units. We are committed to keeping our patients, families and workforce safe from COVID-19 and we are taking extra precautions to make sure that sharing a room does not pose any additional risk of exposure to the virus.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone form COVID-19:
- We have limited the number of visitors entering our buildings.
- Families who are sharing rooms are tested for COVID-19 prior to admission and we always require everyone to wear a mask.
- Our cleaning protocols follow our infection prevention standards.
- Only one parent or caregiver will be permitted to stay the night in the shared rooms.
- Everyone is screened for symptoms before entering our building.
If your child will be admitted into a shared room, you’ll be notified by a member of our staff and given special instructions for COVID-19 testing and other preparations.