Food and Dining
Room Service for Families and Visitors
Family members and visitors of patients who are admitted to the hospital can purchase meals for delivery to their child’s room or unit. Room service is also available for families and visitors of patients at the hospital for dialysis or infusion. Order every day from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. From inside the hospital, dial 7-MENU.
We accept all major credit cards, applicable vouchers and room service gift cards. You can buy gift cards at the Ocean Gift Shop or Forest Kitchen Express window (Level L1, Forest zone). Cash is accepted at the Forest Kitchen Express pick-up window.
Ocean Cafeteria (Level 7, Ocean Zone)
- Daily – 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Grill – 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Breakfast – 6:30 to 10 a.m.
- Lunch – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dinner – 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and cafeteria gift cards. You can buy them from the cafeteria cashiers.
Forest Kitchen Express (Level L1, Forest Zone)
- Daily – 1 to 3 a.m.
Accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Starbucks Coffee (Three Locations)
1. Outside Ocean Cafeteria (level 7, Ocean zone). Serves coffee, tea, espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads, healthy snacks and more.
- Open Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, closed
2. River corridor near the Frog elevators. Serves coffee, tea, espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads, soups, breakfast sandwiches, healthy snacks and more.
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Next to Emergency Department (level 1, Forest zone). Serves coffee, tea, espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches, salads, breakfast sandwiches, healthy snacks and more.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round
All locations accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and prepaid Starbucks cards.
Vending machines are on:
- Level 7, Ocean zone, near Ocean Cafeteria
- Level 7, River zone, in the Family Resource Center next to the Frog elevators
- Level 3, River zone, near the Otter elevators
Microwaves and Refrigerators
There are family lounges on most units with microwaves and refrigerators where you can store food. There also are microwaves in the cafeteria, level 7 vending area.
Most units have special rooms with breast pumps. Ask your nurse.
For emergencies, formula and disposable bottles are available in the inpatient units. Ask your nurse.
There are a couple of grocery stores nearby. Check out the neighborhood services map (PDF) for more information.
You can have food delivered from nearby restaurants. Visit our neighborhood restaurants section for more information.