Main Campus Services
Visiting and Deliveries
Photo name badges
Everyone age 12 and older will get a photo name badge when they enter the hospital. Families and visitors must wear their photo name badge at all times.
Parents, guardians or caregivers
Parents, guardians or caregivers are not considered visitors, and may be with their child anytime. However, some units may have room for only one caregiver to stay overnight with their child.
Staying bedside depends on the patient's condition, available space and safety. Ask your nurse. Siblings and visitors may not stay overnight.
Siblings, family and friends
- Siblings, family and friends may visit between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Siblings and visitors may not stay overnight.
- Everyone age 12 and older will get a photo name badge when they enter the hospital. Families and visitors must wear their photo name badge at all times.
- Children younger than 12 must always be with an adult.
- Children younger than 10 may not visit patients isolated for contagious diseases.
- Sometimes only parents or guardians are allowed to be with their child. This might happen during cold and flu season or when infection risk is high.
- Visitors who are sick or have been exposed to an illness are not allowed in any unit.
- The unit coordinator will call your child's room before sending a visitor to the room.
When you must be away
If you cannot be at the hospital, talk with your nurse. The unit coordinator can help you designate two adults who can be with your child while you are away.
Number of visitors
Units allow different numbers of visitors in the room at one time. Ask your nurse about your unit. Your visitors may wait in the cafeteria, Family Resource Center or shared family spaces on the unit.
Flowers, balloons and gifts
Gift deliveries from outside vendors are delivered to the hospital entrance desks, where the delivery is logged. When available, a volunteer will bring the delivery to the patient room. Visitors to patients may take gifts directly to the patient when visiting. For questions about a delivery, call the entrance desk main line at 206-987-3360. For health reasons, some units restrict what patients can receive:
- Entire hospital: Only Mylar (foil-type) balloons are allowed
- Intensive Care Units: No balloons, live flowers or plants
- Cancer Care Unit: No live flowers
Learn more about our gift shop or order online.
You can have food delivered from nearby restaurants. Visit our neighborhood restaurants section for more information.