Visiting and Deliveries
Up to 2 parents, guardians or adult caregivers may visit a patient at a time or accompany them to any of our locations. Siblings under 1 year old are also allowed in most areas. Please see below for details. No other visitors or siblings are allowed at this time unless there are special circumstances. Please discuss any special circumstances with members of your child’s care team.
Photo name badges
Everyone ages 12 and older will get a photo name badge when they enter the hospital. Families and visitors must wear their photo name badge at all times.
Parents, guardians or caregivers
Parents, guardians or caregivers are not considered visitors and may be with their child (see above). If your child is admitted to a shared (double) room, only 1 parent or adult caregiver will be able to stay overnight.
Staying at your child’s bedside depends on their condition, available space and safety. Ask your child’s nurse. Only the parent or adult caregiver may spend the night. Siblings under 1 year old can spend the night in most circumstances except:
- If your child is in a shared (double) room
- Your child is COVID positive or has another significant infectious disease that could put the baby at risk
Siblings, family and friends
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, no visitors are allowed at this time. Only parents, guardians and adult caregivers are allowed. Siblings under 1 year old are also allowed, except in shared (double) rooms or if the patient is COVID positive or has another infectious disease that could put the baby at risk.
- Anyone who is sick or who has been exposed to COVID-19 or another illness of public health concern is not allowed in any part of the hospital.
When you must be away
If you cannot be at the hospital, talk with your child’s nurse. The unit coordinator can help you choose 2 adults who can be with your child while you are away.
Number of visitors
Due to COVID-19, no visitors are allowed at this time.
Flowers, balloons and gifts
Gift deliveries from outside vendors are delivered to the hospital entrance desks and the delivery is logged. For questions about a delivery, call the entrance desk’s main line at 206-987-3360. For health reasons, some units restrict what patients can receive:
- Entire hospital: Only Mylar (foil-type) balloons are allowed
- Intensive care units: No balloons, live flowers or plants
- Cancer and Blood Disorders Center - Inpatient: No live flowers
Learn more about our gift shop or order online.
You can have food delivered from nearby restaurants. Visit our neighborhood restaurants section for more information.