Current Research Studies
Cerebral Palsy – Power Training Combined with Interval Treadmill Training to Improve Walking Activity in Cerebral Palsy (PT3)
Condition or Therapy:
Cerebral palsy; treadmill training
What is the goal of this study?
Researchers at Seattle Children's want to find ways to improve walking and activity in youth with cerebral palsy.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for you if:
- You are between 10 to 17 years old
- Have bilateral spastic cerebral palsy
- Walk with or without support as a primary means of mobility
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
If you and your child decide to take part in the study, you would:
- Attend 24 treatment visits over the course of 8 weeks that may take 1-1.5 hours each. All study visits will be held at Seattle Children's Research Institute in Downtown Seattle.
- Attend 4 assessment visits over the course of 6 to 7 months that may take 4 to 6 hours each. All assessment visits will be held at Seattle Children's Research Institute in downtown Seattle.
- Walk on a treadmill
- Do leg exercises on special equipment
- Do some walking tests
- Get ultrasound images of your legs
- Wear monitors on your ankle
- Complete some surveys
- Receive $100 for each assessment visit (up to $400) on a ClinCard as a thank you for your time completing all study visits and returning all equipment