What to Expect
The best way to make any trip to the Heart Center – whether for a test, a procedure or surgery – is to come prepared.
In this section, we’ll help you learn what to expect before, during and after a visit. You’ll also find answers to common questions.
We’ve made changes in our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from COVID-19.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times.
- Learn more about our current visitation policy and other safety measures in place.
Heart Center Clinic
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
Pacemaker and Defibrillator Implantation
- Read about how to prepare for heart surgery. This may help reduce stress related to the surgery.
Your Child’s Stay at Seattle Children’s
Find out what you need to know about your child's hospital stay, including:
- Things to do before your child’s arrival
- Preparing your child for a hospital stay
- What to expect during your child’s stay
- Helpful questions to ask your child’s doctor
- Information to help you after your child goes home
- Read about our Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
Paying for Care
Learn about paying for care at Seattle Children’s including insurance coverage, billing and financial assistance.