What to Expect
The best way to make any trip to the Heart Center – whether for a test, a procedure or surgery – is to come prepared.
In this section, we’ll help you learn what to expect before, during and after a visit. You’ll also find answers to common questions.
Heart Center Clinic
- Find out what you need to do before coming to the clinic.
- Get the basics about some of the many tests your child may need.
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Learn what happens in the cardiac catheterization laboratory and how to prepare for a procedure.
Pacemaker and Defibrillator Implantation
- Understand and prepare for these surgical procedures.
- Read about how to prepare for heart surgery. This may help reduce stress related to the surgery.
- Get details about what to expect before, during and after a heart transplant.
Your Child’s Stay at Seattle Children’s
Find out what you need to know about your child's hospital stay, including:
- Things to do before your child’s arrival
- Preparing your child for a hospital stay
- What to expect during your child’s stay
- Helpful questions to ask your child’s doctor
- Information to help you after your child goes home
- Read about our Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
Paying for Care
Learn about paying for care at Seattle Children’s including insurance coverage, billing and financial assistance.