External Bioethics Resources
More information about bioethics is available at the following websites:
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Section on Bioethics
Provides AAP policy on bioethical issues, commentaries on contemporary issues and a reading list.
- AAP Committee on Bioethics authored policies
The following articles summarize and comment on the AAP Committee on Bioethics authored policies: Pediatrics in Review 2008;29:e1-e8, Pediatrics in Review 2008;29:315-e22 and Pediatrics in Review 2008;29:e28-e34
- American Board of Pediatrics
The ABP offers an annotated bibliography for download.
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
A national professional organization for bioethics research, education and consultation.
Maintained by the American Journal of Bioethics. The site contains a virtual library and resources on specific issues.
- Applied Ethics Resources on WWW: Biomedical and Healthcare Ethics Resources
Contains links to more than 100 bioethics institutes, programs of study and healthcare organizations, plus online literature and information on specific topics. The site is maintained by the W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics at the University of British Columbia.
- Department of Bioethics and Humanities, University of Washington School of Medicine
Includes links to medical ethics topics and principles.
- National Reference Center of Bioethics Literature
Provides access to published bibliographies, the Ethics and Human Genetics Database and research help over the phone. The site is maintained by the Kennedy Institute of Ethics at Georgetown University. There is also a scope note about bioethics resources on the Web.
- NIH Department of Clinical Bioethics
Includes links to the syllabus, course materials and webcasts for the Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research course.
- Pediatric Ethics Consortium
Provides information specific to pediatric bioethics.
- UNESCO Social and Human Sciences: Bioethics
Bioethics information page. Includes universal and international declaration standards from UNESCO meetings that have been adopted as international standards.
- Yale School of Medicine Program for Biomedical Ethics
The Program for Biomedical Ethics at Yale School of Medicine offers these academic resources and links for additional information in the exploration of biomedical ethics issues.
Professionalism guidelines are available at:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Bioethics Statement on Professionalism
Professionalism in Pediatrics: Statement of Principles (Pediatrics Oct. 2008)
- American Board of Pediatrics Program Directors Committee and Association of Pediatric Program Directors
Teaching and Assessing Professionalism: A Program Director's Guide (PDF)