UW Pediatric Residency Training
2023–2024 Application Season Update:
Our program will only be offering virtual interviews for this season. We agree virtual interviews are more equitable for applicants and programs. Virtual interviews also help to decrease medical students’ time away from clinical training and significantly decrease the environmental impact of travel. Interviews will be held live via Zoom.
Our program is participating in the ERAS supplemental application for the 2023–2024 season with adherence to the AAMC code of conduct. Please see our How to Apply section for more details.
We are working on programming to ensure we can share our residency family with you and have you share yourselves with us!
Please email us with any questions, concerns, or ideas.
To improve the wellbeing of children, families and communities, we train leaders in an inclusive environment through diverse experiences encompassing the breadth of pediatrics. Our training environment promotes high quality care, appropriate independence and personal and professional resilience to fulfill career goals. We cultivate a compassionate community of learners who embody a stance of inquiry, collaboration, curiosity, cultural humility, life-long learning and excellence.
To develop, educate, and inspire exceptional pediatricians who advance child health through meaningful careers.
- Equip pediatric residents to improve the well-being of children & adolescents, families and communities in our region.
- Produce pediatricians who are competent in the breadth of pediatrics, from rural primary care to innovative specialty medicine.
- Produce pediatric leaders who embody compassion, inquiry, collaboration, equity, advocacy, excellence, integrity and life-long learning.
- Prepare residents to fulfill career goals with training focused on quality care, cutting-edge research, progressive autonomy, resilience, and cultural humility.
- Recruit and retain a diverse house staff who are trained with tools to reduce the impacts of health disparity and structural racism by improving education surrounding equity, diversity, and inclusion.