What to Expect
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from Covid-19.
Visitor restrictions at all our locations
At all of our clinics, we recommend that only one parent or caregiver accompany a patient to their appointment. However, if two caregivers need to come along, we will allow it at this time. Siblings who are younger than 12 months are also allowed to come along. Siblings of any other age are not allowed to come along, and we do not allow more than two caregivers without an exception.
- When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing.
- Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during COVID-19 (video).
- Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
What to expect
Learn what to expect and how to prepare for your child’s Rheumatology Clinic visit (PDF).
What to bring
- Gym shorts for your child to wear
- Copies of X-rays taken at clinics other than Seattle Children's that may be related to this visit
- Relevant lab tests or make sure they are sent ahead of your visit
For information on visiting Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.