Seattle Children's Central Washington Cardiology Clinics
Schedule an appointment with Central Washington Cardiology
- If you would like an appointment with Seattle Children's Central Washington Cardiology Clinics, ask your primary care provider for a referral. Having a referral will make insurance authorization easier for you and will make it easier for us to coordinate with your doctor.
- We will call you to schedule your appointment 1 or 2 business days after your primary care provider sends us your referral.
- If your primary care provider has sent a referral to Seattle Children's Central Washington Cardiology and you have not heard from us within 2 business days of being referred, please call 509-582-1750 to schedule an appointment in Tri-Cities and Walla Walla, 509-668-9266 in Wenatchee, and 509-574-3238 in Yakima.
Refer a patient
- If you are a provider, fax a New Appointment Request Form (NARF) (PDF) (DOC) o 509-375-9059 for our clinics in Tri-Cities, Wenatchee and Walla Walla or 509-574-3228 in Yakima.
- No pre-referral work-up is required for most conditions. If you have already done testing such as an EKG, Holter monitor or echocardiogram, please fax this information as well as relevant clinic notes and the NARF 509-668-9284 for our clinics in Tri-Cities, Wenatchee and Walla Walla or 509-574-6935 in Yakima.
- Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by the provider who is the best match for managing the current problem.
- View our complete Heart Center referral information.
- Tri-Cities in Kennewick
- Yakima, in collaboration with Yakima Children's Village
- Walla Walla, monthly outreach clinic in collaboration with Walla Walla Clinic
As the largest pediatric cardiology practice in the area, Seattle Children's Central Washington Cardiology Clinics provides care for newborns, children and teens close to home in the central Washington region. Our clinics are located in Kennewick, Wenatchee and Yakima. We have a monthly outreach clinic in Walla Walla.
Providers at the Central Washington Cardiology Clinics are part of Seattle Children's Heart Center, the most comprehensive pediatric heart care service in the Northwest. This means your child has access to all of Seattle Children's services, from prenatal consultation to cardiac care for young adults.
"We met with Dr. Salaam Sallaam, who gave us his undivided attention and took the time to answer all of my questions. Because of Seattle Children's, my daughter lives life to the fullest"
- Marisela Barragan Martinez, Shanae’s mom
Why choose Central Washington Cardiology?
- Clear communication. We work with you and your primary care provider to make a treatment plan for your child's needs. We discuss your children's condition and treatment options in ways you can understand.
- All our heart doctors (cardiologists) are board certified in pediatrics and trained to meet the specific needs of children and teens.
- Easy access. We can see most new patients within 7 days. We hold urgent slots for patients who need to be seen right away. For the most complex needs, we can quickly involve providers on the Heart Center team in Seattle.
- Full spectrum of cardiology care. Our experts provide timely access to all cardiac services within the Heart Center at Seattle Children's. This means your child has access to all of Seattle Children's services, from prenatal consultation, to heart surgery, to heart care for young adults.
- We offer fetal echocardiograms, a specialized ultrasound that uses sound waves to make pictures of a developing baby's heart. Usually, we do a fetal echocardiogram 18 to 22 weeks into the pregnancy. We offer fetal echocardiogram as early as 14 weeks in some cases.
- We are accredited in echocardiography by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) for showing a commitment to quality patient care.
What services does Central Washington Cardiology offer?
In addition to general cardiology services and consultation, we offer:
- Echocardiograms, including fetal echocardiograms
- Evaluation, monitoring and treatment for rhythm disturbances
Who's on the team?
Pediatric cardiologists evaluate, treat and manage care for babies, children and teens with heart problems. They provide follow-up care throughout childhood and, when it's time, will help transition your child to adult cardiac care.
Pediatric cardiology nurses
Meegan Carlson, RN
Jema Mateo, RN
Crystal Mejia, RN
Fetal and pediatric sonographers
Janet Barnes, RDCS (AE, PE) (Central Washington)
Daniel Greene, DCS (AE, PE) (Central Washington
Scheduling / Family Service Coordinators
Pam Hanson (Central Washington)
Seattle Children's Tri-Cities Clinic
8232 W Grandridge Blvd.
Kennewick, WA 99336
Seattle Children's Wenatchee Clinic
526 N Chelan Ave.
Wenatchee, WA 98801
3801 Kern Road
Yakima, WA 98902
Walla Walla Clinic
55 W. Tietan Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362