Seattle Children’s Fetal Care and Treatment Center in collaboration with UW Medicine offers dedicated support for families from outside the Northwest region of Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho.
We have experts in maternal, fetal, neonatal and pediatric care. Learn more about why Seattle Children’s Fetal Care and Treatment Center is so well regarded.
Services We Offer
Second opinions and intake evaluations
If you are considering coming to Seattle Children’s for care, we can arrange an intake evaluation through telemedicine with team members who match your needs.
No referral is needed, but we will ask for:
- The medical history for your developing baby and for you during your pregnancy
- A brief description of the main concern
- Prenatal medical records, including prenatal lab work
- Copies of recent tests and imaging that relate to your concern
- Contact information for your current primary care and pregnancy care providers
- Insurance information
Insurance authorization and estimates
- Seattle Children’s will work with you and your insurance provider to get insurance authorization or payment before any telemedicine or clinic visits.
- Some procedures by our Maternal Fetal Intervention and Surgery team take place at UW Medical Center–Montlake. In this case, we work with you and your insurance provider to help with authorization — before your procedure when possible.
- We are not able to provide an estimate until you have met with us by phone or telemedicine to decide which providers you will need to see and any imaging or tests that should be done.
How to Request an Appointment
For urgent health concerns that might need intervention or surgery, contact the Maternal Fetal Intervention and Surgery Program at 206-987-5629 or email us. We typically speak with you by telephone the same day you or your referring doctor contacts us. Often, we see families in person within 1 day and do intervention or surgery the same day or the next day.
For all other concerns, contact the Fetal Care and Treatment Center at 206-987-5629 for an appointment, second opinion or more information. You can also email us for an intake evaluation or second opinion via telemedicine. A member of our team will contact you within 2 business days to begin coordinating your consultation.
If you already have an appointment, learn more about how to prepare and what to expect:
How to Refer a Patient
If you are a provider and your patient has urgent health concerns that might need intervention or surgery, call the Maternal Fetal Intervention and Surgery Program at 206-987-5629 to speak with the fetal therapy nurse coordinator.
Otherwise, fax all relevant clinical documents (such as ultrasound reports; obstetric clinic notes and lab results; maternal-fetal medicine notes, if applicable; and genetic counseling notes, pedigree and test results) along with a Fetal Care Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC) to 206-985-3407.
See Refer a Patient for more information.
Support for Traveling Families
Guest Services and our team of social workers can help arrange a place to stay, transportation and other resources for your visit.