Differences in Sex Development
What to Expect
Epic, Our New Electronic Health Record, Launched October 3
We are excited to launch Epic, our new electronic health record! You may notice us doing things differently, such as using more electronic devices and less paper. As always, your safety is our highest priority and we are here to answer any questions you may have.
If you have an upcoming appointment:
- Make sure to be at the registration desk no later than 15 minutes before your appointment. This may mean that you need to arrive at the clinic location 20–25 minutes before the appointment, so you can complete parking and entrance procedures before registration. This will help us ensure that your visit can begin on time.
- Bring your current medication list so we can check our records carefully and make sure everything is correct.
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from covid-19. Every patient is allowed to have a maximum of one parent or caregiver accompany them. Everyone else, including siblings of any age, may not come along. When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing. Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during COVID-19 (video). Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
Learn what to expect and how to prepare for your child’s first Differences in Sex Development visit (PDF).
- Fill out the forms in the intake packet that we send to you by mail. Bring the forms to your appointment. This includes forms that might need to be signed by our providers (i.e., school forms).
- Bring any relevant clinic notes or reports that you might have, along with any X-rays and test results.
- You also need to bring your child’s medicines and medical equipment.
- Ask your child’s healthcare providers outside of Seattle Children’s to fax your child’s medical records to us at 206-987-3835.
- Learn more about what to do before your appointment.
- Find your location in our “Maps and Directions” section.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
- For more information on visiting Seattle Children’s clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.