What to Expect
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from Covid-19.
Visitor restrictions at all our locations
At all of our clinics, we recommend that only one parent or caregiver accompany a patient to their appointment. However, if two caregivers need to come along, we will allow it at this time. Siblings who are younger than 12 months are also allowed to come along. Siblings of any other age are not allowed to come along, and we do not allow more than two caregivers without an exception.
- When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing.
- Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during COVID-19 (video).
- Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
Learn what to expect and how to prepare for your child’s first Differences in Sex Development visit (PDF).
- Fill out the forms in the intake packet that we send to you by mail. Bring the forms to your appointment. This includes forms that might need to be signed by our providers (i.e., school forms).
- Bring any relevant clinic notes or reports that you might have, along with any X-rays and test results.
- You also need to bring your child’s medicines and medical equipment.
- Ask your child’s healthcare providers outside of Seattle Children’s to fax your child’s medical records to us at 206-987-3835.
- Learn more about what to do before your appointment.
- Find your location in our “Maps and Directions” section.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
- For more information on visiting Seattle Children’s clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.
Preparing for Surgery
Preparing for a Hospital Stay
- Find out what you need to know about your child’s hospital stay.
- Learn about hospital campus amenities.