What to Expect
Provide records. Ask your child’s primary care provider to fax us records about your child’s overall health. Fax to 206-985-3121. Send or bring other test results related to your child’s condition, such as:
- Hearing tests
- Medical and genetic tests related to hearing, speech and balance
- Speech-language assessments
- Educational testing and services your child and family receive (IFSP or IEP)
- Hearing devices your child uses that are related to the reason for your visit.
- Test results related to your child’s condition, if your primary care provider has not sent them already. This includes results of hearing tests and imaging studies.
- Medicines or a list of them. Include nonprescription items like vitamins. Include the name, dose (amount) and instructions.
- Any forms you need our providers to sign, like forms for school.
- Snacks for your child in case the appointment lasts longer than expected. Food is also available from the cafeteria at the Seattle hospital campus, coffee shop at the Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center and vending machines at North Clinic.
- Books, small toys or tablets for your child to play with during their visit.
- Look at My Visit to the Audiology Clinic (PDF) with your child.
- Read How to Prepare Your Baby for Newborn Hearing Screening (PDF) (Spanish).
- Learn more about preparing your child for a clinic visit.
During a first visit to the Audiology Clinic, most children see an audiologist to test their hearing. How long the visit takes depends on the service your child needs.
Learn about tests your child may have:
- Find your location in our map and directions section.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
For more information on visiting Seattle Children’s clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.
If you have questions, call the Audiology Clinic at 206-987-5173.
If you would like an appointment, ask your child’s primary care provider to refer you. For more information, call the Audiology Clinic at 206-987-5173.
We provide care in Seattle, Bellevue and Everett. See our locations.
Providers, see how to refer a patient.