Diabetes - Neuro T1D, Neuroimaging Eating Behaviors in Type 1 Diabetes
What is the goal of this study?
1. To understand if youth and young adults with type 1 diabetes have brain changes related to high blood sugar and/or having excess weight.
2. To explore if having disordered eating behaviors is a risk factor for poor blood sugar control, excess weight in youth and young adults with type 1 diabetes.
Who can join the study?
You may be a good fit for this study if you or your child are:
– Between the ages of 15-25 years old
– Willing to complete blood draw, MRI and body measurements
– English speaking
For Diabetes Group:
– Has had type 1 diabetes for at least 1 year
– On either insulin injection or insulin pump therapy
For Healthy Control Group:
– No diabetes
– Body mass index 18-25 kg/m2 or < 85%-ile
Please complete this brief survey to find out if you are eligible to participate.
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
If you decide to take part in this 2-hour study, you would complete:
2. A fasting blood draw
3. Body measurements including a DXA Scan
4. Brain imaging (magnetic resonance imaging – MRI)
If you participate in the study, you will receive up to $125 in gift cards. Research is always voluntary!
Who can I contact for more information?
Email Kathleen Santarelli or call 206-884-1061
University of Washington Diabetes Research Center (South Lake Union Campus)