Science Education Department
Applications for 2022–2023
- Applications for the Science Adventure Lab (grades 4–6) are now available.
- Science Discovery Lab (grades 9–12) applications for the 2022–2023 school year will be available soon.
- Please visit this page in early 2023 for information about high school programs in summer 2023.
Our 45-foot mobile science lab brings innovative science education to children at schools across Washington state.
We prepare high school students for careers in biomedical research and healthcare through a year-long academic program at Puget Sound Skills Center.
The Science Education Department is supported in part by the Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) Program in the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We offer high school students from groups that are underrepresented in biomedical research the opportunity to apply for competitive positions in our Research Training Program.
Students can participate in authentic science in a state-of-the-art lab embedded in the research institute.
Learning From Home: Resources for Students and Teachers
- Watch this video to learn more about COVID-19 research underway at Seattle Children's Research Institute.
- Take a virtual tour (videos) of Seattle Children’s Research Institute and meet some of our amazing scientists.
- Interested in learning more? Here are some suggested activities (PDF) you can do from home!
In the News
Improving Access to Hands-on STEM Education Using a Mobile Laboratory – Journal of STEM Outreach
Mobile Science Lab Inspires the Next Generation – Children's Hospital Association