Science Education Department
Applications for 2023–2024
- Applications for the Science Adventure Lab (grades 4-8) are now available.
- Teachers and administrators can apply for a field trip to the Science Discovery Lab (grades 7-12).
- Applications for the summer high school training programs (grades 10-12) will open in early 2024.
Our 45-foot mobile science lab brings innovative science education to children at schools across Washington state.
Biomedical Research and Global Health
We prepare high school students for careers in biomedical research and healthcare through a year-long academic program at Puget Sound Skills Center.
Science Education Partnership Award Program
The Science Education Department is supported in part by the Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) Program in the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We offer high school students from groups that are underrepresented in biomedical research the opportunity to apply for competitive positions in our Research Training Program.
Science Discovery Lab at Seattle Children’s Research Institute: Building Cure
Students can participate in authentic science in a state-of-the-art lab embedded in the research institute.
Learning From Home: Resources for Students and Teachers
- Watch this video to learn more about COVID-19 research underway at Seattle Children's Research Institute.
- Take a virtual tour (videos) of Seattle Children’s Research Institute and meet some of our amazing scientists.
- Interested in learning more? Here are some suggested activities (PDF) you can do from home!
In the News
Seattle Children’s Virtual Research Training Program: Pivoting to Remote Science Education for High School Students – Journal of STEM Outreach
Impacts of Hands-On Science Curriculum for Elementary School Students and Families Delivered on a Mobile Laboratory – Journal of STEM Outreach
Improving Access to Hands-on STEM Education Using a Mobile Laboratory – Journal of STEM Outreach
High School Students Training for Medical Careers in New Lab – KING5
Mobile Science Lab Inspires the Next Generation – Children's Hospital Association
1.2 Million Kids and Counting – Mobile Science Laboratories Drive Student Interest in STEM – PLOS Biology