Science Education Department
Applications for 2023–2024
- The Science Adventure Lab (grades 4-6) and Science Discovery Lab (grades 9-12) are fully booked for the current school year. Please check back for applications for 2024-2025.
- Applications for the summer high school training programs (grades 10-12) will open in early 2024.
Our 45-foot mobile science lab brings innovative science education to children at schools across Washington state.
We prepare high school students for careers in biomedical research and healthcare through a year-long academic program at Puget Sound Skills Center.
The Science Education Department is supported in part by the Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) Program in the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We offer high school students from groups that are underrepresented in biomedical research the opportunity to apply for competitive positions in our Research Training Program.
Students can participate in authentic science in a state-of-the-art lab embedded in the research institute.
Undergraduate summer interns with underrepresented backgrounds in science and medicine gain valuable research experience and career development tools on Seattle Children's research teams.
The Diversity Supplement Connections Program aims to increase the use of National Institutes of Health (NIH) Diversity Supplements, to diversify research faculty, trainees and staff at the research institute.
The Invent at Seattle Children’s Postdoctoral Scholars Program is an investment in training early career scientists historically underrepresented in or excluded from biotech in the development of therapeutics for childhood conditions.
Postdoctoral scientists are found throughout Seattle Children’s Research Institute, and the research institute is a great place to continue your postdoctoral training and research.
Learning From Home: Resources for Students and Teachers
- Watch this video to learn more about COVID-19 research underway at Seattle Children's Research Institute.
- Take a virtual tour (videos) of Seattle Children’s Research Institute and meet some of our amazing scientists.
- Interested in learning more? Here are some suggested activities (PDF) you can do from home!
In the News
Improving Access to Hands-on STEM Education Using a Mobile Laboratory – Journal of STEM Outreach
Mobile Science Lab Inspires the Next Generation – Children's Hospital Association