Patient and Family Resources
We want you to have all the information you and your child need to understand your child’s condition and to participate in treatment. This page provides links to resources that we hope will be helpful.
Resources at Seattle Children’s
- Adaptive Sports Directory (searchable Excel spreadsheet) (PDF)
Resources in the Puget Sound area for people with physical disabilities who might need adaptations or support to take part in sports or leisure activities. Seattle Children’s made this list to promote healing and well-being for our patients and community. We have not vetted or formally reviewed the individual programs. For questions or to suggest updates, please email us.
- Center for Children With Special Needs
Focused on children and youth with special health needs who have physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions. Information for parents, caregivers, teens and young adults, as well as professionals.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
Applies standards to evaluate rehabilitation facilities with a focus on quality, value and results.
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- Dreams of Recovery Foundation
- Outdoors for All
- Safety Tips for Children Who Use Mobility Devices (PDF)
- Tips for Choosing and Using Shoes (PDF)