Services for International Patients
Thank you for considering Seattle Children’s for your child’s care. We welcome patients from around the world.
Seattle Children’s provides care to infants, children, teens and young adults up to age 21, often for complex or rare conditions.
We are consistently ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in the United States, and offer the most advanced inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and rehabilitative services.
Our doctors work in more than 60 pediatric subspecialties and are among the best in the world. Seattle Children’s top areas of expertise include:
- Cancer and blood disorders
- Cardiology and cardiac surgery
- Craniofacial care and craniofacial surgery
- Gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Reconstructive Pelvic Medicine
International Patient Services
Seattle Children’s International Medical Services team can help you:
- Learn about our services and programs
- Identify doctors to meet your child’s unique needs
- Estimate medical costs
- Make billing arrangements
- Schedule appointments, including consultations and follow-up care
We can also help with communication between doctors, patients and family members in Seattle. To provide the best care for your child, we will begin by carefully reviewing your child’s medical records.
Seattle Children’s is not able to donate care to international patients or to organizations that bring children to the United States for medical care. The patient’s family is responsible for all healthcare costs not paid by insurance, as well as nonmedical costs, including local lodging, food and transportation.
Request Treatment at Seattle Children’s
To request treatment at Seattle Children’s:
- Complete and return the International Medical Services Patient Intake Form.
- Email or call us at 1-206-987-1700 if you have questions or need help with the intake process.
- Once we receive the intake form and your child’s medical records, we will contact you to collect a non-refundable $200 fee to review your records. Learn how to pay the $200 fee (PDF).
- Our medical team will then review your records to determine if we can care for your child. If we can, we will recommend the best treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. A $200 fee must be paid before we can review your child’s medical records.
Medical records can be attached to the international patient intake form or emailed to email@example.com. If you must mail X-ray, CT, MRI or other films, send to the following address:
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145
No. All medical records must be translated into English before you send them.
Yes. We will provide an interpreter at each of your medical appointments at Seattle Children’s. You will not be charged for interpreters.
We are not able to assist with the visa application process. However, once financial clearance is complete, we can provide you with a letter stating that you have appointments scheduled at Seattle Children’s.
Yes. We can help with transportation, places to stay and other logistic or living arrangements.