Patient and Family Education
We want you to have all the information you and your child need to understand your child’s condition and to take part in treatment. This page provides links to resources that we hope will be helpful.
Resources at Seattle Children’s
- What to expect at your Airway and Esophageal Center appointment
- How to prepare for your visit
- Transportation and lodging
- Hospital services
- Paying for care
- Social Work
- Family Resource Center
- Difficulty Swallowing (Dysphagia) (PDF) (Spanish)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Children (PDF) (Dari) (Spanish) (Vietnamese)
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula (TEF) and Esophageal Atresia (EA)
- Tracheoesophageal Fistula and Esophageal Atresia (PDF) (Spanish)
- Inducible Laryngeal Obstruction (ILO) for Teens (PDF) (Spanish)
Tests and Procedures
- Aerodigestive Clinic: What to Expect (PDF) (Spanish)
- Clinical Feeding and Swallowing Evaluation (PDF) (Spanish)
- CT Scan (PDF) (Spanish)
- Endoscopy Procedures for Evaluation and Treatment of Dysphagia (PDF) (Russian) (Spanish) (Vietnamese)
- Esophageal Manometry (PDF) (Spanish)
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) (PDF) (Spanish)
- Upper Airway Endoscopy (PDF) (Spanish)
- When a Tracheostomy Is Recommended for Your Child (PDF) (Amharic) (Somali) (Spanish)
- X-Ray Exam: Upper Gastrointestinal Tract (Upper GI) (Kids' Health) (Spanish)
- Bellevue: Before Procedure Checklist (PDF) (Arabic) (Dari) (French) (Russian) (Somali) (Spanish) (Ukrainian) (Vietnamese)
- Seattle: Before Procedure Checklist (PDF) (Arabic) (Chinese) (Dari) (French) (Russian) (Somali) (Spanish) (Ukrainian) (Vietnamese)
- See tracheostomy information on our Pulmonary Resource page.
General Airway and Esophageal Resources
- If you would like an appointment, ask your child’s healthcare provider to refer you.
- If you would like more information or have a referral, call 206-987-5963 to schedule an appointment.
- Providers, see how to refer a patient.
Telemedicine at Seattle Children’s
You may be offered a telehealth (virtual) appointment. Learn more.
Paying for Care
Learn about paying for care at Seattle Children’s, including insurance coverage, billing and financial assistance.