COVID-19 - Pfizer Vaccine Study
What is the goal of this study?
Researchers at Seattle Children's are doing a COVID-19 vaccine research study for children. The vaccine aims to protect against currently circulating COVID-19 strains.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for your child if they:
- Have never had a COVID-19 vaccine and are between ≥ 6 months and < 12 years old.
- Are willing to do study activities including:
- Blood draws
- Nasal swab(s)
- Visits at Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Are healthy or medically stable
- Have a parent who can communicate with study staff by phone
- Parents may be reimbursed for expenses related to participants' time in the study
What will happen if my child takes part in this study?
Participants who join the study would:
- Receive one or more COVID-19 vaccine(s) during the study
- The number of shots depends on your child's age
- Have blood drawn to measure antibodies (“germ fighters”)
- Record reactions after the shots and tell the study team
- Report any illnesses with COVID-like symptoms
Who can I contact for more information?
If interested, contact the study team at IDResearch@seattlechildrens.org.