Online Suicide Prevention Training for Providers
May 5, 2021
To address suicide as a public health crisis, leading experts and healthcare organizations have collaborated to develop All Patients Safe: Suicide Prevention for Medical Professionals. This interactive, online suicide prevention training is designed for medical professionals and client-facing staff in Washington state. It offers an engaging and informative option for providers to become better skilled at suicide prevention and includes perspectives of real patients coupled with practical skills to help medical providers transfer what they learn to their practice and community.
- Available in a three- or six-hour format. Both versions meet Washington state’s licensure requirements for healthcare providers to assist in reducing suicide through improved trainings.
- Free to all Washington state providers and client-facing staff through November 2021. Out-of-state provider cost is $49 for the three-hour training or $98 for the six-hour training.
- CME and CNE credit is available, but not required (additional $25 fee).
- FAQs and program flyer.
- Register at uw.edu/register-1.
Other mental health resources from Seattle Children’s
- Mental Health Hub: Seattle Children’s has created a new hub for mental health resources recommended by our providers: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/health-safety/keeping-kids-healthy/development/mental-health-resources/
- Washington’s Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens is a free service that connects families with local mental health providers who have openings in their schedule and fit their child’s mental health needs and insurance: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/clinics/washington-mental-health-referral-service/.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid class is for the general public who regularly interact with adolescents 12 to 18. It is designed to improve their knowledge of mental health and substance use problems and teach how to connect youth with care when needed. Register here: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/health-safety/keeping-kids-healthy/prevention/youth-mental-health-first-aid/
- Patient and Family Resources: https://www.seattlechildrens.org/clinics/psychiatry-and-behavioral-medicine/patient-family-resources/
- Anxiety 101 Video Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjvfRtcMhn4Pu2a3xxn6_TsWgqPdhU-3t.