Requests for Inpatient Services
Patients up to 21 years of age may be admitted to Seattle Children's. When referring a patient for admission, please follow the applicable instructions below.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your patient’s name
- Patient’s age or date of birth
- A brief history of present illness and condition
- Potential isolation issues
- Any specific issues to be addressed during your patient’s visit
- A contact number for updating and collaborating on your patient’s condition (if needed)
In general, inpatient admissions should enter through the Forest B Main entrance. Some patients may be directed to enter through the Emergency Department for a Rapid Visual Assessment. Staff will perform a brief visual assessment of the patient at no charge and send the child to the inpatient unit.
Admissions to the Emergency Department should enter through the Emergency Department Entrance.
If your patient is admitted to the hospital, either through the Emergency Department or as an inpatient, you will receive a fax notification of the admission within 24 hours of admission.
This fax will include the location of your patient, reason for admission, the names of the physicians responsible for care and a contact phone number.