What to Expect
Epic, Our New Electronic Health Record, Launches October 3
We are excited to launch Epic, our new electronic health record! You may notice us doing things differently, such as using more electronic devices and less paper. As always, your safety is our highest priority and we are here to answer any questions you may have.
If you have an upcoming appointment:
- Make sure to be at the registration desk no later than 15 minutes before your appointment. This may mean that you need to arrive at the clinic location 20-25 minutes before the appointment, so you can complete parking and entrance procedures before registration. This will help us ensure that your visit can begin on time.
- Bring your current medication list so we can check our records carefully and make sure everything is correct.
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from covid-19. Every patient is allowed to have a maximum of one parent or caregiver accompany them. Everyone else, including siblings of any age, may not come along. When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing. Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during your COVID-19 (video). Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
- When we schedule your child's appointment, we will tell you how to prepare for the test or treatment your child will receive. If you have questions, please call us.
- You can find answers to many questions on our Radiology Questions and Answers page.
- For information on visiting Seattle Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.
- What to Expect Photo Books
Written by Child Life specialists, these colorful photo stories help children prepare for their time at Seattle Children’s. Use these booklets to lessen your child’s worry and spark conversation.
- What to Expect When You Get a Contrast Enema at Seattle Children's Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center (PDF)
- Lo que puede ocurrir durante un enema de contraste en La Clínica y Centro de Cirugía de Seattle Children’s en Bellevue (PDF)