What to Expect
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from Covid-19.
Visitor restrictions at all our locations
At all of our clinics, we recommend that only one parent or caregiver accompany a patient to their appointment. However, if two caregivers need to come along, we will allow it at this time. Siblings who are younger than 12 months are also allowed to come along. Siblings of any other age are not allowed to come along, and we do not allow more than two caregivers without an exception.
- When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing.
- Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during COVID-19 (video).
- Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
- Please bring any recent X-rays or CT (computed tomography) scans to your child's appointment.
- Please note that we do not perform surgery during your child's first visit. This is when we evaluate your child's condition. If needed, we schedule surgery for a different day. We usually ask your child to come back for a check after surgery (post-operative visit).
- For information on preparing for surgery, please see Your Child's Surgery.
- For information on visiting Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.