Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
What to Expect
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from Covid-19.
Visitor restrictions at all our locations
At all of our clinics, we recommend that only one parent or caregiver accompany a patient to their appointment. However, if two caregivers need to come along, we will allow it at this time. Siblings who are younger than 12 months are also allowed to come along. Siblings of any other age are not allowed to come along, and we do not allow more than two caregivers without an exception.
- When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing.
- Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during COVID-19 (video).
- Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
We need your help to make sure your child gets the best care possible. Before your appointment, please:
- Complete any forms you've received from us before you arrive at our clinic. Bring them with you to your child's appointment.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes before your child's appointment. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late, we may need to reschedule.
- Bring something to keep your child busy. Some ideas are books, coloring supplies or a card game. To help control germs, we don't keep toys in the waiting room. We try hard to see your child on time, but sometimes delays occur.
- Bring proof of insurance. Bring medical and dental insurance cards or a valid medical coupon for the month of your appointment. To avoid having to pay for a visit, please bring all referrals.
- If you need to cancel your child's appointment, call us at least two working days before the scheduled appointment. (Working days do not include weekends.) We will not be able to provide care to your child in the future if you have a combination of two or more of the following: missed appointments, late arrivals or canceled appointments within the two-day limit.
- For information on visiting Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.