Puget Sound Regional Cardiology Consult Service
What is the Puget Sound Regional Cardiology Consult Service?
Seattle Children’s Heart Center cardiologists are available to clinically support inpatient infants and children with cardiac needs at select hospitals through our Puget Sound Regional Cardiology Consult Service. Support may include:
- Assisting healthcare providers with the interpretation of echocardiographic findings.
- Answering provider questions about electrophysiology findings. (Routine electrocardiogram interpretation is performed daily by Seattle Children’s electrophysiologists; please use that service for routine interpretation.)
- Helping providers arrange appropriate outpatient follow-up.
- Providing in-person or telemedicine consultation when appropriate.
The service is offered Monday through Friday to providers at:
- Evergreen Hospital Medical Center
- Overlake Medical Center
- Providence Regional Medical Center-Everett
- University of Washington (UW) Medical Center
Providers: How to Reach the Consult Team
Providers may call, email or use AMSConnect messaging.
- Call 206-987-5760 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and leave a message with the relevant clinical information. A team member will route this information and facilitate a return call by a cardiologist on the consult team.
- Send any email in a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)–compliant manner to both cardiologists on the consult team.
- Seattle Children’s and UW Medicine providers may instead send a message via AMSConnect (HIPAA compliant). Send a message to both cardiologists on the consult team.
- Patient’s name and date of birth.
- All relevant requesting team members, including attendings, fellows, residents and advanced practice providers. This helps to ensure continuity for clinical conversations.
- For help finding echocardiogram reports, call the echocardiography laboratory at 206-987-2019.
- If you sent an electrocardiogram to be read at Seattle Children’s, our electrophysiology team reads these daily and sends reports electronically back to the referring institution.
What to Expect
We aim to respond to clinical questions within 1 business day and to see patients in person, as appropriate, within 1 week. In-person and telemedicine consultations will be arranged between the cardiologist and the requesting provider on a case-by-case basis.
Messages sent at night or on weekends may not get a response right away. For emergent or urgent concerns, contact the on-call cardiologist at Seattle Children’s; providers outside of Seattle Children’s, use the Provider-to-Provider Line: 206-987-7777.
Call the Puget Sound Regional Cardiology Consult Service at 206-987-5760 for questions.