What to Expect
COVID-19: What to Expect for Your Child’s Safety at In-Person Appointments
We’ve made a lot of changes to our facilities to protect our patients, families and staff from covid-19. Every patient is allowed to have a maximum of one parent or caregiver accompany them. Everyone else, including siblings of any age, may not come along. When you come for your appointment, you will see that we’re requiring everyone to wear masks at all times, cleaning check-in and registration desks between visits, screening for symptoms at all entrances and have set up our spaces to encourage social distancing. Watch what to expect at your clinic visit during your COVID-19 (video). Learn more about the rest of the safety measures we have in place.
- During your first visit, we will look at your child's condition. If your child needs to have a procedure to treat a skin problem, we will schedule another appointment on a different day. We will not do the procedure at the first visit.
- If your child needs to have a procedure, your child's doctor may prescribe a cream to numb their skin so it will hurt less. It is important to put this cream on your child's skin 1 hour before the procedure.
- If you have used a medicine to try to help your child's skin condition - either a pill or a product you put on their skin - please bring the medicine with you to your child's appointment.
- It helps us to know your family's medical history on both sides, especially if your family members have had eczema, asthma, hay fever, allergies, psoriasis or skin cancer. Please be ready to answer questions about your family's medical history.
- For information on visiting Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.