What to Expect
- During your first visit, we will look at your child's condition. If your child needs to have a procedure to treat a skin problem, we will schedule another appointment on a different day. We will not do the procedure at the first visit.
- If your child needs to have a procedure, your child's doctor may prescribe a cream to numb their skin so it will hurt less. It is important to put this cream on your child's skin 1 hour before the procedure.
- If you have used a medicine to try to help your child's skin condition - either a pill or a product you put on their skin - please bring the medicine with you to your child's appointment.
- It helps us to know your family's medical history on both sides, especially if your family members have had eczema, asthma, hay fever, allergies, psoriasis or skin cancer. Please be ready to answer questions about your family's medical history.
- For information on visiting Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.