What to Expect
Read our Biofeedback Clinic Welcome Letter (PDF).
- Complete any forms you’ve received from us before you arrive at our clinic. Please bring them with you to your child’s appointment.
- Bring medical insurance cards or a valid medical coupon for the month of your appointment. To avoid having to pay for a visit, please bring all referrals.
- Ask your child’s primary care provider for any prior lab results related to your child’s condition and bring them with you. This helps avoid duplication of tests.
- Ask your child’s primary care provider to fax your child’s records to us at 206-985-3499.
- Please check in 15 minutes before your child’s appointment. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Learn more about preparing for your appointment.
- We will update your and your child’s phone numbers.
- We may offer your child the option to sign up for electronic healthcare communication.
- You and your child may start the visit together.
- We will ask your child their preferred name and pronouns.
- Your child may be asked to complete confidential health questionnaires.
- You may be asked to step out of the room for part of the visit. It is important that your child have time to talk with their provider alone. This helps them learn to manage their own health.
- Your child may see more than 1 member of our multidisciplinary team
- If you left the room, your child will come out to meet you in the waiting room with a visit summary.
- Please let your provider know if you have questions.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if needed) before you leave.
Seattle Children’s is a teaching hospital. Your child will receive care from a team that may include providers in training, including:
- Students from medicine, nursing, nutrition, psychology or social work who are receiving advanced adolescent training
- Resident physicians from pediatrics, family medicine or obstetrics and gynecology
- Initial evaluations with a provider typically last 60 to 90 minutes. Biofeedback therapy sessions with a biofeedback therapist typically last 60 minutes. Please check in at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are seeing multiple providers, your visit will be longer.
- Note: If your scheduled appointments are more than 2 hours in total, please ask the reception desk for a parking pass.
- Follow-up evaluations with a provider typically last 30 to 60 minutes.
- If your visit will be long, bring snacks and beverages.
Please call 206-987-2028 at least 5 business days in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
If you anticipate arriving more than 10 minutes late, please call to reschedule.
Patients who arrive more than 20 minutes late will be rescheduled.
A new referral may be required from your primary care provider if 1 of the following occurs 2 or more times:
- You cancel an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice
- You do not come to a scheduled appointment
- Find your location in our map and directions
- Check in 15 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
For more information on visiting Seattle Children's clinics, please see Your Child's Clinic Visit.
Paying for Care
Learn about paying for care at Seattle Children’s, including insurance coverage, billing and financial assistance. Biofeedback sessions may not be covered by insurance. Please check with your insurance provider to determine coverage. If you have concerns about paying your bill, please call Financial Assistance at 206-987-3333.
Providers, see how to refer a patient.